join the global and intercultural skills program and gain intercultural skills and experience that will last a lifetime!
according to the organization for economic and cooperation development (oecd), there is increasing evidence that students require intercultural competency skills to allow them to succeed in an increasingly diverse global society. the focus of the global and intercultural skills program is to provide students with meaningful intercultural experiences through travel abroad opportunities, as well as through local intercultural engagement initiatives.
"The OECD defines global competencies as: the capacity to analyse global and intercultural issues critically from multiple perspectives, to understand how differences affect perceptions, judgments, and ideas of self and others, and to engage in appropriate and effective interactions with others from different backgrounds on the basis of shared respect for human dignity."
乐百家彩票app下载- oecd global competency for an inclusive world
Benefits of the Global and Intercultural Skills Program
- Opportunities to engage in meaningful intercultural travel opportunities
- Interact and engage with a diverse network of people from across the world
- Become an engaged member of your community through volunteer and program-based initiatives
- Gain valuable insight into your own culture and acquire a higher degree of self-awareness
- Develop critical thinking skills and awareness of how an individual’s cultural lens affects their perspective of the world
Global Intercultural Program Strands
to complete the global and intercultural program students must complete study in the following areas:
Global and Intercultural Course
Students must take the following foundational course: Global and Intercultural Studies 12 course (4 credits)
Required Language Courses
Students must take two language courses at the grade 10 level or higher (8 credits)
Elective or Graduation Courses
Students must take elective courses at the Grade 10 level or higher in which global or intercultural skills are applied (e.g. law, history, business, art, dance, French immersion, geography, economics, fashion, literatures, music, etc.)